Monday, December 28, 2015

stink...dust. steam vaccum water


 I looked at the dirtied water after the house was steam vacuumed and I couldn't help
but wonder how it would look under the microscope. 
What kinds of particles are there?
Is it really all dust?
100X
 
 
Looking into it, I saw that while most of the clusters were of dust particles
that gradually settled into the carpet after a few days, 
I noticed that some of the items here were quite interesting. As you can see here, 
There is a broken safety pin here which I thankfully never stepped on. 
 
400X
 

Zooming in, I saw that it wasn't just dust that resided into the carpet, but also other kinds

of particles in different structures and sizes which faintly surprised me since while I knew dust and particles would come in different sizes and shape, I didn't think I would see something as big as the ones in the picture. 

 


As I looked under the microscope at these last two pictures, I realized that there were 

some mysterious structures that decided to join in with the dust particles; showing that even our  carpets have a vast world of their own. 

 
400X











No comments:

Post a Comment