Monday, July 16, 2018

soap bubbles

Out of the many things we witness each and everyday, I think one of those definitely include soap and the bubbles it produces.
40X illuminator
To start, I might as well give a brief explanation of what soap is made of: generally formed by fats and oils. Solid fats actually help in solidifying the soap so that it retains its rectangular position until wet by water again.
100X illuminator
Now onto the topic of bubbles...there's a comparison I saw when researching that I found quite interesting. The bubbles are like our cells: they have the water repellent sides (in this case the soap) stick on the outside while the water attracting side is on the inside (which is actually just water here). The pictures seen above represent the triple layers bubbles produce. Using the illuminator, I was also able to reflect the light from the bubbles which is why the bubbles in the picture have shining edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment