Friday, June 23, 2017

Jasmine white flower petal

So here I was thinking I would be able to still see color despite the petal being so white . . . I was wrong.
40X blue stain
When I first observed the petal, I wasn't able to see much because the petal's pigment was white. I tried staining the petal as well (seen on the pictures) but it still didn't work well.
400X blue stain
 I was fascinated by this and I realized why these petals didn't conduct photosynthesis: There weren't any chloroplasts!! Just so there isn't any confusion, there is a significant difference between leaves and petals. Leaves are green and are meant for photosynthesis while petals are meant for attracting insects with their bright colors. All the petals on a flower form a corolla.

100X blue stain

No comments:

Post a Comment