Friday, September 22, 2017

My June bug is...



BEFORE YOU READ THE POST:
I didn't observe the June bug under the microscope because it meant I had to dissect the bug because of its large mass and I felt too sorry to do this.
The pictures you will see are macro photos.
But I hope you all still enjoy this post!

 I think we've all seen these bugs throughout the summer: with very loud wings and the tendency to chase you around at times.

 But I think you may also know that they only live for a short time . . . except one particular bug.. 

At around August, I found a June bug on the sidewalk nearly dead (it was nonmoving) and I decided to try and revive it.
I gave the bug a piece of peach and . . . it sprang to life!!!
Eventually it became strong enough the hang onto the leaf stems and move its wings around!
The June bug survived for three more months before dying but what I realized from this was that maybe June bugs were dying early because there was a lack of food.

Regardless, it was a great experience observing the bug because I was able to learn various facts such as the June bug being picky and not eating the same types of fruit I gave it multiple times. I also realized the shiny green coat the bug has doesn't go away after it dies but stays on, which slightly surprised me.


No comments:

Post a Comment