Wednesday, January 3, 2018

saliva of gum disease

40X
With a mere glance at the saliva, I thought there wasn't much to discover from the sample. However this quickly changed once I entered oil immersion.

1000X oil
In the saliva, one key factor I noticed was how there seemed to be lots of plaque particles floating about the saliva. I remembered reading about how if someone has gingivitis, the bacteria in the plaque causes the gums to become inflamed. Since this is saliva coming from gum disease, I personally think the reason for the large amount of plaque can also be because the plaque was building up around the teeth and began falling off, possibly because they weren't cleaned.
1000X oil
Though bacteria can't be seen in these pictures, I realized the excess amount of plaque in the saliva can eventually cause anaerobic bacteria to begin growing, a factor that may lead to gum disease!

1000X oil

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting the connection between saliva and gum disease. Here is my own collection of articles about periodontal problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for not getting back at your sooner! Your articles are very interesting as most of them reflect gum diseases, dentures, and how the healthcare system is or isn't involved with dental care. Thank you for sharing them with me! Perhaps if there is a time I will be curious about a gum/dental disease or am not sure about something I saw, I could seek your articles for help!

      Delete
  2. Hi! There is this natural black tooth powder cure on ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254007477866

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most effective cure for gingivitis thaoduocsucmiengyentu.vn

    ReplyDelete